I will be singing and conducting Ensemble Eborensis next June 10th, 16h00, in the church of Aguiar, near Viana do Alentejo. This concert is included in the commemorations of the 500 years of the “foral” letter by King D. Manuel (1516) to both Aguiar and Viana and is also included in the Spring Festival (Festa da Primavera), that will take place in Aguiar from 9 to 11 June.
Besides several plainchant from the sources of the Cistercian monastery of S. Bento de Cástris, the programme comprises mostly sacred vocal polyphony of composers from Évora Cathedral, which feature (in my opinion) several interesting works for an uncommon vocal formation: 2 superius, alto, and tenor, like a setting from the Lamentations by Manuel Cardoso.
- Antiphon: Assumpta est Maria (Choir book P-EVad Mús. Lit. 35)
- Duarte Lobo – Asperges me
- Antiphon: Speciosa facta es (Choir book P-EVad Mús. Lit. 68)
- Antiphon: Dignare me laudare (Choir book P-EVad Mús. Lit. 68)
- Antiphon “ad Cantica”: Hodie Maria virgo (Choir book P-EVad Mús. Lit. 68)
- Estêvão Lopes Morago – Lumen ad revelationem
- Filipe de Magalhães – Jesu Redemptor [I] a 4
- Estêvão Lopes Morago – O bone Jesu
- Manuel Cardoso – Jod. Manum suam
- Francisco Martins – Vinea mea electa
- Estêvão de Brito – Quia vidisti me, Thoma
- Manuel Mendes – Alleluia