I’ll be singing and conducting Ensemble Eborensis tomorrow (20 Setember) at the church of the cistercian monastery of S. Bento de Cástris at Évora. This brief concert is integrated in the II Residência Cisterciense S. Bento de Cástris “A Estética, o Espaço e o Tempo: Reflexos da Contra-Reforma na praxis musical”, which will take place the the monastery from 19 to 20 September. We will perform 16th- and 17th-century Portuguese polyphony with connections to the monastic living. These include works by Aires Fernandes, Mateus d’Aranda, Manuel Cardoso and Simão dos Anjos de Gouveia.
- Aires Fernandes – Jesu Redemptor [II]
- Mateus d’Aranda – Adjuva nos Deus
- Manuel Cardoso – In monte Oliveti
- Simão dos Anjos de Gouveia – Pueri Hebraeorum
- Estêvão Lopes Morago – Jesu Redemptor a 5